You have several options when you need to sell a house fast in Pittsburgh. Most sellers prefer working with a realtor, but you’ll have to pay a hefty commission if you go this route. And if you do FSBO (For Sale By Owner), you’ll need significant time and money to close the sale. Then there’s the cash home sale, which is by far the quickest and easiest way to sell a home in Pittsburgh.
Ultimately, deciding which selling method is best for you takes time. To help, we explain the common selling methods below. We hope you can use this info to sell your home for a fair price.
Traditional Sale (Realtor Involved)
Many people want to work with a real estate agent when they want to sell their home. Here’s why:
Pros of a Realtor Sale
- A realtor has the tools and knowledge to sell your house quickly in Pittsburgh.
- They can help you reach more potential buyers.
- They’ll provide professional listing and staging assistance.
- They’ll be by your side till you close the sale.
Cons of a Realtor Sale
- Realtors take a commission, usually 6% of the sale price.
- There’s no guaranteed closing date; closing could take weeks or even months.
- You could end up with an inexperienced realtor who doesn’t have a lot of connections.
- They’ll require that you repair and upgrade your house to make it market-ready.
An FSBO Sale
Pros of an FSBO Sale
- You can sell according to your schedule.
- You can set a date for closing.
- There are no realtor commissions; you only pay closing costs and legal fees.
Cons of an FSBO Sale
- A lack of real estate knowledge and experience may lead to a botched sale.
- If your house is not market-ready, it could sit on the market for a long.
- Listing, staging, showings, negotiations, and closing can be difficult for just one person.
A Cash Home Sale
A cash home buyer in Pittsburgh will pay cash for your home and close in 30 days or less.
Pros of a Cash Home Sale
- There are no realtor fees or hidden costs. They’ll even take care of the closing costs
- Quick and straightforward sale process; you can close in less than 30 days.
- They buy houses as is, so you don’t need to repair or upgrade them.
- Avoid listing hassles, staging, showings, and lengthy negotiations; get a fair cash offer in less than 24 hours.
Cons of a Cash Home Sale
- You may miss out on selling for a higher price.
- You could enjoy selling on your own and miss out on this rewarding experience.
At the end of the day, you need to choose the selling method that makes you most comfortable. If you do this, you’ll sell quickly and for a fair price. Just remember that a cash home sale provides the quickest closing. We buy houses in Pittsburgh regardless of condition or location. Give us a call to find out more!